A maternity hospital provides medical services to pregnant women. Choosing a maternity hospital is an important affair because the hospital will take care of the newborn and the mother at the most critical stage.
Although doctors suggest exact time of labor pain to women, sometimes it can happen before the deadline. In such a case, you might need to call an ambulance from a nearby maternity hospital. It would be helpful for you to note down the contact numbers of ambulance services for emergencies. You can also hire an ambulance service from www.jacarandamaternity.co.ke.
You can have a look at the following services that are offered by the best maternity hospitals:
- Neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) – Neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) plays a very important role in the survival of premature babies. These units have specialized equipment such as feeding tubes, incubators, phototherapy lights. Furthermore, the staff is also trained to handle premature babies and give them special care.
- Access to a blood bank – The mother might bleed excessively after giving birth to the baby, or the newborn might require blood donation immediately after birth. In such cases the hospital’s connection to a blood bank is vital.
- Hygiene -The maternity hospitals should maintain better hygiene. The linens should be changed regularly, delivery rooms and wards should be cleaned and sanitized regularly, and most importantly medical equipment should be effectively sterilized.
- Ambulance service -In case of a major mishap during the delivery process, the hospital must have an ambulance service to transfer the patient to a bigger hospital.
- Power bank – 100% power backup is very important in such hospitals. In case of a power cut, the hospital should function without any interruptions.
The maternity hospital will offer all of the above facilities to a patient’s satisfaction.